Monday, October 17, 2005

Studying Abroad

So, I decided to go to Hungary next semester. Budapest University of Technology and Economics. My ISEP and passport applications have been sent their respective ways. I still need to find some alternate locations, in case Hungary is full (which is how it currently and unfortunately appears). Reasons for going to Hungary:

  • I've never left the country
  • I'm 1/8 Hungarian.
  • Hungary is close to Romania, Italy, Germany, and the land formerly known as Bohemia, all of which are places from which my family is descended.
  • GE makes most of its European lightbulbs in Budapest. I hope to intern for GE C&I next fall.
  • They teach engineering classes in English, but speak Hungarian all around. Take classes, see new culture, learn new language, not get behind.
  • Located on banks of Danube. So is Linz, Austria. A special someone named Stephanie happens to be there. And if you're wondering, she is worth chasing across 6 timezones.
  • If I'm going to revolutionize transportation, public or personal, I'd better take cues from somewhere besides America. Europe seems to have lots of ideas.
  • I've never been a minority.
  • The only language I speak is English
  • I've never lived anywhere besides suburban, midwest, middle-class America. Just kinda curious about what else is out there.
  • My dad has traveled a lot overseas. I'd like to see what he has experienced.
  • How can I appreciate America when I'm never away from it? Absence makes the heart grow fonder.

1 comment:

  1. foreign education consultants in hyderabad


    we square measure the simplest and prime rated study abroad consultancies in the Republic of India with sensible visa assurance. we tend to assist you in filing the f1 visa for you in terribly less time. we tend to assist you with the info required to use for the faculty university.

    ReplyDelete